Terms and Conditions for Online Payment
The Terms and Conditions contained herein shall apply to any person (“User”) using the services of MITID Pune for making Design Aptitude Fee payments through an online payment gateway service (“Service”) offered jointly by PayU Payments Pvt. Ltd. (Payment Gateway Service provider), through MIT Institute of Design website i.e. www.mitid.edu.in. Each User is therefore deemed to have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
All payments are subject to the following terms & conditions: ‐
- The description of courses is as available in the MITID, Pune (MAEERS’s MIT Institute of Design, Pune) website.
- All Fees quoted are in Indian Rupees.
- The MITID, PUNE reserves the right to change the fees as per norms.
- Your payment will normally reach the MITID, PUNE account within two working days.
- MITID, PUNE, is not responsible for any delay in receipt of fee payment due to incorrect card credentials or incorrect personal details.
- MITID, PUNE, does not accept liability if payment is refused or declined by the credit/ debit card issuing bank for any reason.
- In no event will MITID, PUNE, be liable for any failed / declined transactions.
Online payment charges
- Debit card= 1% + service tax 14.50,
- Credit card = 1.40% + service tax 14.50
- Net Banking = 1% + service tax 14.50
- Students applying for MITID – DAT should remember that the amount of Rs. 3000/- paid online or by Demand Draft to MIT Institute of Design is non-refundable.
- The total e‐payment online transactions are executed using state of the art technology (SSL) to ensure secured transaction.
- MITID, PUNE, shall not be liable for any failure by the Student or third party making payment of Fees to properly protect data from being seen on their screen by other persons or otherwise obtained by such persons, during the online payment process or in respect of any omission to provide accurate information in the course of the online payment process.
Limitation of Liability
- Server Slow Down/Session Timeout: In case the Website or Payment Service Provider’s webpage, that is linked to the Website, is experiencing any server related issues like ‘slow down’ or ‘failure’ or ‘session timeout’, the User shall, before initiating the second payment,, check whether his/her Bank Account has been debited or not and accordingly resort to one of the following options:
(I) In case the Bank Account appears to be debited, ensure that he/ she does not make the payment twice and immediately thereafter contact MITID Pune via e-mail or any other mode of contact as provided by MITID Pune to confirm payment.
(ii)In case the Bank Account is not debited, the User may initiate a fresh transaction to make payment.
However, the User agrees that under no circumstances the Payment Gateway Service Provider shall be held responsible for such fraudulent/duplicate transactions and hence no claims should be raised to Payment Gateway Service Provider No communication received by the Payment Service Provider(s) in this regards shall be entertained by the Payment Service Provider(s).
- MITID Pune has made this Service available to the User as a matter of convenience. MITID Pune expressly disclaims any claim or liability arising out of the provision of this Service. The User agrees and acknowledges that he/ she shall be solely responsible for his/ her conduct and that MITID Pune reserves the right to terminate the rights to use of the Service immediately without giving any prior notice thereof.
- MITID Pune and/or the Payment Service Providers shall not be liable for any inaccuracy, error or delay in, or omission of (a) any data, information or message, or (b) the transmission or delivery of any such data, information or message; or (c) any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by any such inaccuracy, error, delay or omission, non-performance or interruption in any such data, information or message. Under no circumstances shall the MITID Pune and/or the Payment Service Providers, its employees, directors, and its third party agents involved in processing, delivering or managing the Services, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, including punitive or exemplary arising out of or in any way connected with the provision of or any inadequacy or deficiency in the provision of the Services or resulting from unauthorized access or alteration of transmissions of data or arising from suspension or termination of the Services.
- MITID Pune and the Payment Service Provider(s) assume no liability whatsoever for any monetary or other damage suffered by the User on account of:
(I) the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the Payment Gateway or Services in connection thereto; and/ or
(ii) any interruption or errors in the operation of the Payment Gateway.
The User agrees that MITID Pune or any of its employees will not be held liable by the User for any loss or damages arising from your use of, or reliance upon the information contained on the Website, or any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions where such failure is due to circumstance beyond MITID Pune reasonable control.
- The User shall indemnify and hold harmless the Payment Service Provider(s) and MITID Pune and their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any claim or demand, or actions arising out of or in connection with the utilization of the Services.
The User is hereby informed that MITID Pune will never ask the User for the User’s password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. The User is hereby required to sign out of his/ her MITID Pune account on the Website and close the web browser window when the transaction(s) have been completed. This is to ensure that others cannot access the User’s personal information and correspondence when the User happens to share a computer with someone else or is using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet café.
1. Any waiver of any rights available to MITID Pune under these Terms and Conditions shall not mean that those rights are automatically waived.
2. The User agrees, understands and confirms that his/ her personal data including without limitation details relating to debit card/ credit card transmitted over the Internet may be susceptible to misuse, hacking, theft and/ or fraud and that MITID Pune or the Payment Service Provider(s) have no control over such matters.
3. Although all reasonable care has been taken towards guarding against unauthorized use of any information transmitted by the User, MITID Pune does not represent or guarantee that the use of the Services provided by/ through it will not result in theft and/or unauthorized use of data over the Internet.
4. MITID Pune the Payment Service Provider(s) and its affiliates and associates shall not be liable, at any time, for any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of information contained on the Website.
5. The User may be required to create his/ her own User ID and Password in order to register and/ or use the Services provided by MITID Pune on the Website. By accepting these Terms and Conditions the User aggress that his/ her User ID and Password are very important pieces of information and it shall be the User’s own responsibility to keep them secure and confidential. In furtherance hereof, the User agrees to;
i. Choose a new password, whenever required for security reasons.
ii. Keep his/ her User ID & Password strictly confidential.
iii. Be responsible for any transactions made by User under such User ID and Password.
Debit/Credit Card, Bank Account Details
1. The User agrees that the debit/credit card details provided by him/ her for use of the aforesaid Service(s) must be correct and accurate and that the User shall not use a debit/ credit card, that is not lawfully owned by him/ her or the use of which is not authorized by the lawful owner thereof. The User further agrees and undertakes to provide correct and valid debit/credit card details.
2. The User may pay his/ her fees to MITID Pune by using a debit/credit card or through online banking account. The User warrants, agrees and confirms that when he/ she initiates a payment transaction and/or issues an online payment instruction and provides his/ her card / bank details:
i. The User is fully and lawfully entitled to use such credit / debit card, bank account for such transactions;
ii. The User is responsible to ensure that the card/ bank account details provided by him/ her are accurate;
iii. The User is authorizing debit of the nominated card/ bank account for the payment of fees selected by such User along with the applicable Fees.
iv. The User is responsible to ensure sufficient credit is available on the nominated card/ bank account at the time of making the payment to permit the payment of the dues payable or the bill(s) selected by the User inclusive of the applicable Fee.
1. The User agrees that, to the extent required or permitted by law, MITID Pune and/ or the Payment Service Provider(s) may also collect, use and disclose personal information in connection with security related or law enforcement investigations or in the course of cooperating with authorities or complying with legal requirements.
2. The User agrees that any communication sent by the User vide e-mail, shall imply release of information therein/ therewith to MITID Pune. The User agrees to be contacted via e-mail on such mails initiated by him/ her.
4. The User acknowledges and agrees that his/ her information will be managed in accordance with the laws for the time in force.
- The MITID, PUNE, is not directly involved in the online payment but through service provider (PayU Payments Pvt. Ltd.).
- In the event that the Student does not receive confirmation within 15 days of making the payment, it is the responsibility of the Student to check with MITID, PUNE that the payment has been accepted.
- The Student shall remain responsible for the Fees until such time as the confirmation as referred to above is received from the MITID, PUNE in relation to each of these and any outstanding amounts owed to the MITID, PUNE.
- Please note that the MITID, PUNE holds no responsibility for incorrect or no longer correct statements, quotes or descriptions and thereby excludes liability for any losses resulting from such wrong information.
- Further, MITID, PUNE has every right to bring about legal action on students who misuse / alter / reproduce the content/ information available on the website
Payment Gateway Disclaimer
- The Service is provided in order to facilitate access to view and pay Student Fees online. MITID Pune or the Payment Service Provider(s) do not make any representation of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the Payment Gateway other than what is specified in the Website for this purpose. By accepting/ agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, the User expressly agrees that his/ her use of the aforesaid online payment Service is entirely at own risk and responsibility of the User.