The learners of Transportation Design experience that the courses of study exclusively explore an inborn human need of human mobility. Beginning with the concept of transporting people and commodities using a variety of means, its emphasis moves on creating sustainable systems for Transportation Design. It is not only limited to Automobile Design and car design but to design systems which enhance mobility for humans and commodities. Learners' innovative ability is challenged further when the scope of a transport vehicle is extended from land, water to air even space. Transportation design courses at MIT ID equip the learners with the required knowledge and skills to be professional Transportation designer.
With topics like Emerging Technologies, Composites, Aerodynamics, Fluid Dynamics, Automobile engineering, Automotive Modelling, Transportation for Specific Needs, Vehicle Packaging Design and Use of Automotive Clay & GFRP the learners are capable of creating newer transportation design systems to improve mobility. Thus Transportation design courses in India at MIT ID are different from the conventional Transportation design courses in India.
With the rapid growth in the Automobile sector Transportation design courses in India have become very popular in recent times.
The rapidly changing growth of India's economic growth demands an increase of a corresponding growth in the domain of infrastructure. This is especially so in the different sectors of transportation – of goods and people.
This specialist industrial design course offered by MIT's Institute of Design is concerned with addressing holistically the needs of transportation devices and systems in a broader context. It acknowledges the need to reconsider transport products in the
framework of the present day scenario vis a vis the economic and social needs, the need to analyse the success or failure of existing systems and devices, and to propose future transport solutions.
This Transport Design course not only covers practical problem-solving, but seeks solutions relevant to our future society and the environment. A variety of practical projects will help students to build towards that integration and developmental skills, knowledge and understanding.
It aims to provide students with the skills and understanding required of a creative designer in the transportation industry whether motorized or non motorized, rural or urban, public or personal.
This course has the following objectives
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the discipline of design and transportation design
- To understand the socio-economic and cultural contexts of design and the ethical responsibilities of the professional designer
- To develop a capability to practice as a professional designer in the field of transportation design
- To understand research concepts, strategies and methods and the skills to apply them in the field of transportation
- To develop knowledge, understanding and skills in resolving and communicating technical and manufacturing aspects of transportation design related projects to a professional standard