Decathlon, Lands end, Hugo Boss and Timberland.
2. Factory Manager for Network Clothing Company
Network Clothing Company is a leading manufacturer of knitted garments in Tirupur, the Knit City of South India.
She was heading the production unit for Marks & Spencer and leading a team of 1200 associates.
Her focus was:
- Style Analysis - understanding bottlenecks that can arise during various production stages.
- Responsible for approval process, preparation of tech pack, procedures, formats, work instructions.
- Technical input on fabric, trims, thread, interlining, work aids & machineries to factory and merchandising team.
- Production/quality monitoring through quality assurances & production executive's at in-house & outsourcing vendors.
- Restructuring and simplifying plant layout and equipments to derive maximum efficiency.
- Working with the Product Development team on new developments.
- Working closely with the Quality Assurance team to ensure that the buyer's specifications and quality standards are adhered to.
- Setting up procedures and systems to suit the requirement of the product and incorporating continuous improvement in the systems.
- Designing Attachments and Folders for getting better Productivity and Quality.
- Head for Production Planning and Control at Sleepins Apparel Pvt Ltd, Pune
- Guest Faculty for School of Fashion Technology and Symbiosis Institute of Design teaching the following subjects
- Manufacturing Processes
- Apparel Quality Management
- Marker Making
- Cutting Room Technology
- Production Planning and Control
- Garment Production Machines and Equipments
- Work Study
- Technical and Quality training in Altrincham (UK) for Marks and Spencer
- Successful Implementation of systems and procedures for new factories ( Maral Overseas Ltd - Noida & Network Clothing Company- Tirupur )
- Designed poly bag sealing machine for hanger packed garments to lower Man power requirement in packing section plus an added increase in production by 15%.
- Designed attachments for various operations which resulted in cost benefit during production.
- Research and development of attachments for improving production efficiency in Men's undergarments