MIT Institute of Design facilitates student exchange between the collaborated institutions. The student will have the opportunity to take part in the exchange program both to experience a different culture and to enhance their skills.
Participating in a student exchange program is a way for the students to secure their career globally. Participating in one or two semesters gives an opportunity to interact with their expert faculty members, to understand the design culture and the most important is technology.
This International student exchange is designed especially for the students of MITID to broaden their view globally, experience a new culture & gain new knowledge. This is the best opportunity for the students who wish to grow globally in design.
University partner list for student exchange programme
The exchanges can last to 1 semester. Most importantly the credits earned in your exchange study abroad are transferable to the programme of your current study. The exchange does not require any additional payment of tuition fees but you need to pay for the accommodation and mess charges to the host institution.
For exchange you can select from the list of collaborated universities for their diverse range of study programmes.
- Strate College, France
- E.S.A.D Orleans, France
- KunsthochscHule Berlin Weissensee School of Art and Design, Berlin
- University for the Creative Arts, UK
- Politechnico Di Milano, Italy
- Students with good academic record.
- Students who have fulfilled the attendance requirement.
After the exchange, you will need to complete a post-exchange report and arrange for your credit-transfer approval letter. In addition, you will also need to attend a sharing session, and most importantly, to be a peer advisor for our other outbound students in the future.
Fees & Other Expenses
As an exchange student, you will not need to pay addition tuition fee to your host institution. However, you will need to continue to pay your tuition fee at MITID.
In addition, you will need to consider other expenses such as accommodation, day to day living costs and others.
- Complete your Application Form
- MITID Grade Cards
- Online link to the portfolio
- Letter of Intent
- Copy of Passport ( Front cover & photo page)
Pre- Departure Arrangements
For quick reference :
- Apply for your student visa as it is a long process.
- Arrange your accommodation by completing the application process before the deadline.
- Make flight reservations once you receive your appointment letter from the host institution & make the payment only after the successful application of student visa.
- Arrange for your insurance & carry all the necessary copies of the documents.
- Prepare authorization letters.
- Conduct background research on your chosen destination.
- Carry extra photos and copies of your passport.
- Carry your medicines and basic 1st aid kit.
- Keep a copy of the passport and other necessary documents like insurance policy, travel documents etc with your parents/guardian before leaving.
- Carry a copy of acceptance letter from the host institution and important contact list.
- Carry your International Student ID card.
If you are a student of one of our collaborated institutions and prefer to study at MITID for a shorter period than to take part in the student exchange programme is the best option for you. The programme is one of the best ways to broaden your view globally and allow yourself to experience a different learning methodology and an entirely different culture in a shorter time spam. This is a great opportunity for the students to gain new knowledge and to make friends.
Your exchange can last for 1 semester to 1 or 2 academic years, depending on the type of collaboration with the collaborated institutions for various programmes.
As an exchange student, you will be assigned a buddy who is MITID current student in your particular batch to share his studying experience and to help you throughout your stay in MITID.
Student Exchange Method
Student Exchange - Application
- Initially the interested students will only have to send their portfolio's along with their curriculum vitae through their respective exchange coordinators to the international affairs office of the host institution.
- Once we receive the portfolio's we will shortlist the best amongst all and accordingly inform the selected students and their respective discipline heads.
- After this the selected students should fill the student exchange application form along with the required documents and send it to the international affairs office of the host institution.
To apply for the student exchange is very simple. Just follow the steps given below
- Choose your host department.
- Choose the desired programme you wish to apply for the exchange programme.
- Complete your Application Form.
- Prepare all the required documents in their original forms.
- Prepare your Curriculum Vitae in English.
- Official transcripts
- Portfolio (Online Link or PDF)
- Medical Certificate
- English Language Qualification Certificate.
- Letter of Intent.
All the above documents should be in proper order and send it to our International Affairs Office on
International Affairs Office
MAEER's MIT Institute of Design,
Rajbaug, Next to Hadapsar,
In case of any queries please write to anitaaher[at]mitid.edu.in
Your application will be processed when ALL the required documents are received by the application deadline.
Also you will receive an Offer Letter from the International Affairs Office by email in 5 -7 weeks after the application deadline.
Beginning and Ending Dates of The Semester
- For study periods starting from July : 4th April
- For study periods starting from January : 1st October
- Semester 1- July - December
- Semester 2- Jan - June