Shakti Banerjee has done Master in Communication design from NID in 1994, He has carved himself as a finest professional in the field of visual effects, motion graphics, film, broadcasting, advertising and print. With experience in multidisciplinary domains for past 25 years he focuses and believes in cross media design interventions. He started his career in 1994 with The Times of India as a Design Officer. Also has done a Print media project for India Today magazine, New Delhi. He moved to Ramoji Film City, Hyderabad then; lead the Vfx and animation team in numerous projects like Lajja, Tumbin, Yahaan, Koi Mil Gaya, Company, etc. and that won prestigious awards such as National award for best Special Effects in 2000 for Kamal Hassan’s film Hey Ram, Won Screen Film Award for Visual Effects in 2003 for Koi Mil Gaya.
He has done branding for ETV Network during its launch. As a Senior Vfx Supervisor, he led the Vfx and animation team and coordinated its projects. Later he has joined UTV, Mumbai and did visual effects for several popular TVC including Bajaj DTSi, British Airways, Deustche Bank etc. Shakti worked for a French film Astérix aux jeux olympiques released in 2008. He joined as a Promo Head during the launch of Sakshi HD TV, Hyderabad in 2008. He has directed various Promos as a Creative Director for ZEE TV Network. Also involved in Zee TV re-branding and its implementation in 2011.
Shakti was a former Senior Faculty of National Institute of Design, headed the Digital Game Design Discipline, Masters Course in the Bangalore campus. His expertise in teaching
includes Visual design, Interactives and related subjects for Digital game Design, Campaign Design, Systems Design, Interaction Design, History of graphic design, Design Methodology and Motion graphics etc.
He was a visiting faculty at NIFT, Hyderabad in 2010. His Key expertise includes Motion graphics, Visual Effects, Communication & Interaction Design Augmented, Virtual and Extended Reality.
Paper got selected and Published in SCOPUS Indexed Article:
- Title: Creating Awareness About Health and Hygiene During Menstrual Cycle Among Indian Adolescent Girls Using Virtual Reality
IPDIMS conference 2020
- Title: Strategies for Design and Development of Serious Games: Indian Perspective published in Encyclopedia of Computer Graphics and Games (Springer) 2021
- Title: Application of Immersive Media to Develop Model Making Skills of Industrial Design Learners HWWE 2021(Humanizing Work and Work Environment) conference SCOPUS Indexed, 2021
Association of Designers of India, Core team member for organizing
International event- Pune Design Festival (PDF).
- Hey Ram (Dir: Kamal Hassan) won the National Award for the Best Visual Effects in 2000
- Koi Mil Gaya (Dir: Rakesh Roshan) won Screen Filmfare Award for Visual Effects in 2003