Dr.Dandeswar Bisoyi teaches Bachelors, Masters and PhD level courses in User Experience Design Department, he obtained a Ph. D. in Design from Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati. He developed his PhD research on pictorial metaphors and rhetoric as a form of communication in advertisement. His other research activity focused on Design Semantics, visual communication, Art & Design, Aesthetic experiences, culture & Design, Collaborative Design, Designer-Entrepreneur, User experience Design & Inclusive Design.
Before joining the User experience Design Department he was a faculty member at Amity University, Noida. He has more than 18 years of experience in the field of Art & Design. He has done several National and International consultancy projects in the area of User Experience Design &Visual Design that consist of Interface Design, User Research, UX Audit, Information Architecture, Branding ect. for prestigious clients of leading Industry & Research organisations. He is a member of the scientific committee of the Metaphor XP Lab research Group. He serves on reviewer of The Design Journal, International Programme Committee member of International conference on Research Into Design, Member of International Scientific Committee of World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology and so on.
He was awarded National Fellowship from Ministry of tourism and Culture Department Govt. of India for Professional Research. He is a recipient of GURUBRAMHA Award from National Education & Human Resources Development Govt. of India. He was a Visiting Scholar at the Department of Design Politecnico di Milano.
He did several solo painting exhibitions, participated in many group shows and art symposiums in India. His paintings are to be found in important collections of Art Institutions and individual collectors in India.
Looking for PhD applicants in the areas of
Culture & Design, visual communication, Inclusive Design & Design Semantics
- S Ugale, D Bisoyi, G Loudon (2022) A Study of Color, Material and Finish Designs using a Culture-oriented Approach and its Impact on Product Recognition – The International Journal of Designed Objects, 17 (1): 13-26.
- S Jadhav, R Kataria, D.Bisoyi (2019) To Analyze the Impact of Spokesperson Used in Cosmetic Advertisements for Trust Building of the Indian Customers Buying Intention 3 (2)-Research into Design for a connected world, Springer conference proceedings.
- P. Yadav, D. Bisoyi, D. Chakrabarti (2018) Use of Indian Food Mascot Design as an Advertising Tool in Maintaining and Growing the Brand Name- International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, 12 (3): 337-340.
- D.Bisoyi, P. Yadav, U. Barua (2018) An empirical assessment of the role of visual metaphors in Indian print advertisements- International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences 12 (3):251-257.
- D.Bisoyi, P. Yadav, U. Barua (2015) Copywriting and the Creative Edge – International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, 9 (4) : 57-63
- P. Yadav, D. Bisoyi, D. Chakrabarti ( 2017) Spokes Characters of Mascot and Young Consumers’ Perspective Particular Understanding- Research into Design for Communities, Springer conference proceedings, 2 (2) : 903-912.
- P Yadav, D Chakrabarti, D Bisoyi (2014) Typography as a statement of Design, 8(5).
- Bisoyi.D, Barua.U, Guha.E (2013) Effective Communication of Product Information: A Copy Writing Methodology – IOSR Journal Of Humanities And Social Science (JHSS) 6 (4):1-3.
- D.Bisoyi (2019) A Study on Visual Rhetoric and Metaphors, Scholars’ Press