Javed Mulani is a post graduate from very reputed institution, Sir J. J School of Art, Mumbai in 2005. He is specialized in figurative works and an active practising artist in contemporary art field. His works are extensively shown at various places in India and abroad.
He has been awarded with Junior Fellowship in field of painting by Ministry of Tourism & Culture, Government of India in 2003 and awarded Scholarship in field of painting by Ministry of Tourism & Culture, Government of India in 2013. .In 2003 he was honoured Fellowship at Sir JJ School of Art for standing first from Mumbai University. He is also recipient of prestigious Lalibhai Dharamdas Bhambani Scholarship in 2016.
He has been awarded with many important prizes in various art competitions
- 2016 56th State art Maharashtra award, Mumbai, India
- 2005 Art Society of India Award, Mumbai, India
- 2005 Camlin Award, Mumbai, India
- 2004 Bombay Art Society Award, Mumbai, India
- 2003 Camlin Award, Mumbai, India
- 2003 Sukhatwala Award, Mumbai, India
- 2002 Art Society of India Award, Mumbai. India
- 2002 Bombay art Society Award, Mumbai, India
- 2002 The Freny & Erach Jamshedji Dastur trust foundation prize, Mumbai, India
- 2001 Soloman Abraham Award, Mumbai, India
- 2000 2nd Western Region Camlin Award, Mumbai, India
- 1999 Late Kumar Ratan Wadke Award, Mumbai, India
- 1998 Nashik Kala Niketan Award, India
He represented India for “Star of Istanbul” city project by “UNICEF TURKEY’ in 2012. Few of his mural paintings are beautifying the campus of Siemens ltd, Turkey and at Siemens ltd Worli, Mumbai. His painting of Mr. Pherozshah Mehta adores the wall of Pherozshah Mehta bhavan at Mumbai University, Kalina campus.
He is been exhibiting and traveling in India and around the globe showcasing his creative side where his art is with prestigious collectors. He was selected as residency artist organized by FUTUR foundation, Switzerland in 2015. His strong academic understandings for drawing, composition and aesthetics are his core strength about his teaching. His active participation in the contemporary art practise gives the balance of academics and real life fluctuations which is very helpful as teaching tool. His endeavour and passion is an exciting prospect as our faculty.